As part of a strategic local initiative under the patronage of the Prince of the Aseer region, His Highness Prince Khaled Bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud, to attract internal tourism and development investment to a depressed part of the Saudi Red Sea coastal region, we were appointed to design, project manage and implement a series of major events and event sites.
• Site visits and appraisals of the various locations for the inception of a major festival site and international FIA sanctioned power boat race
• Surveying and mapping the chosen site area
• Planning the event site fabrication and supervising the clearance and earthworks for a 3.5 million square metre operating area
• Sourcing, appraising and commissioning suppliers for all the infrastructure required on site including 250 VIP and 400 accommodation tents, stadium style arena seating, perimeter fencing, decoration and entry arches, event content suppliers, catering tents including central kitchen facility, toilets and water supply.
• Designing and project managing the installation of a full 3 phase mains electricity supply to the entire site including site lighting, air conditioning to all catering and VIP tents and stage for light and sound
• Design and construction of an international rally course stage
• Assisting with programme content and operation of all funfair and attraction selection in addition to providing suitable facilities for their performance
• Providing technical and expert consultation for the operation of a team of international hot balloonists to fly in the region.
• Designing and commissioning a full outdoor stage light and sound system including operation of nightly performances by local dancers
• Provision of a nightly 15 minute spectacular aerial fireworks show
• Technical consultation and ground implementation for a round of the international FIA Formula 2 Powerboat racing series including pit set up, transportation and logistics co-ordination for 14 teams, emergency and rescue boat provision and helicopter medevac facility.All this in 28 days!