Abha Summer Festival-KSA
We were commissioned by the Aseer Tourism Department, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, to provide consultancy and technical services for their annual Abha Festival 2007.
Abha sits 10,500 feet above sea level in the southern mountains of Saudi Arabia and has a pleasant and cool climate during the hot summer vacation months. Traditionally over 1,000 entertainments and shows are provided for the local people and the many Saudi tourists who visit the region over the 30 days of the festival. We researched the activities previously carried out and recommended innovative and new activities as well as providing facilities management on the ground.
We were responsible for:
• Technical site appraisal of the Abha Lake reservoir and dam
• Selection and commission of a mobile fountain show complete with dancing water, illumination, projection and sound
• Design and production of the show with the contractor
• Design, commission and on-site project management of the construction and positioning of a complete floating pontoon array for the presentation of the fountain show
• Commissioning and supply of over 10 tons of fireworks, including technical services for the positioning and safe firing at several locations in the region
• Consultation for the positioning and execution of a daily fireworks show at the mountain resort of Al Habla
• Concept, design and project management for the running of a full mountain rally car race
• Consultation and technical services for the construction of special stages for the traditional evening parade including lighting, sound and fireworks
• Design consultation for a series of Aseer promotional floats taking part in the parade
• Appearances on Saudi Television’s English language channel as a foreign spokesperson on external perceptions of the potential growth of tourism in KSA
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Stay updated with the latest technologies and Softwares